As chief executive of Thompson Thrift Development, Paul oversees the development of the company’s asset portfolio and new market opportunities. He founded Thompson Thrift with partner John Thompson in 1986. Under their leadership, the business has grown into the nationally recognized full-service real estate development and construction company it is today.
During his tenure as its president, Paul has successfully guided Thompson Thrift Development, and its over 400 team members, through the competitive real estate marketplace while expanding the company’s portfolio to include multifamily, and commercial developments across the United States. His innovation and drive have fueled the company’s emergence as one of the country’s most active privately owned real estate development companies. To date, Thompson Thrift has successfully developed over two billion dollars of ground-up real estate projects.
In 2008, he co-founded Watermark Residential, a full-service upscale multifamily housing developer. Since then, Watermark Residential has developed over 13,000 Class A apartments across the United States.
Paul is very involved in his community volunteering and serving multiple non-profit and civic organizations.
Current and past non-profit involvement includes:
• Indiana State Chamber, Executive Committee Member, Past Chair
• Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce, Past Chair
• Terre Haute Economic Development Corporation, Past Chair
• Indiana State University Foundation, Past Chair Athletic Advancement Committee
• Wabash Valley Red Cross, Past Chair
• World Gospel Church, Terre Haute, IN, Deacon Council Past Chair
• Indiana State University School of Business Dean’s Council
• Terre Haute Tomorrow & Terre Haute Competes, Steering Committee Chair
• Multi-Family Leadership Board, NAHB
• National Multifamily Housing Council, Board Member
Paul and his wife, Angie, have three children: Carson (23), Claire (18) and Harrison (13)